Home WORLD EUROPA Three new grain shipments left Ukraine, curfew in Mykolaiv | War...

Three new grain shipments left Ukraine, curfew in Mykolaiv | War in Ukraine


Three new shipments of cereals left Ukraine in a convoy on Friday morning, and another is heading for its coasts, empty, beginning a series of regular rotations to supply agricultural markets, the Turkish Ministry of Defense announced.

  • The Navistar, flying the Panamanian flag, left Odessa for Ireland with 33,000 tons of maize;
  • The Rojen, under the Maltese flag, is heading for England from Chernomorsk with 13,000 tons of cargo;
  • The Turkish freighter Polarnet, which was waiting at the quay in Chernomorsk, with 12,000 tons of corn.

All are progressing under the watchful eye of the Joint Coordination Center (JCC) established in Istanbul under the terms of the international agreement signed in Istanbul on July 22.

the CCC specified overnight the destination of the first two boats: Ringaskiddy in Ireland and Teesport in the United Kingdom.

The third boat will be inspected by joint inspection team north of Istanbul before joining Karasu, a Turkish port on the Black Sea, specifies the ministry. On Twitter, the Turkish Ministry of Defense also clarified that CCC has completed the inspection of the Fulmar which will be loaded in the Ukrainian port of Chernomorsk”,”text”:”the CCC team has completed the inspection of the Fulmar which will be loaded in the Ukrainian port of Chernomorsk”}}”>the team of CCC completed the inspection of the Fulmar which will be loaded in the Ukrainian port of Chernomorsk.

Read:  Russian strikes hit civilian infrastructure in Dnipro and Kharkiv | War in Ukraine

These inspections have been demanded by Russia, which wants to ensure that the boats are carrying nothing other than authorized grain loads.

Russia and Ukraine have signed two separate agreements, validated by Turkey and the United Nations, which allow exports of Ukrainian cereals blocked by the war since February 24 and those of Russian agricultural products despite Western sanctions.

Success for the first expedition

The first shipment of maize, aboard the freighter Razoni, departed from Odessa on Monday and, after its inspection on Wednesday by the CCC at the entrance to the Bosphorus, was heading towards Tripoli, in northern Lebanon.

A team of inspectors approaches a bulk carrier off Istanbul.

A team of inspectors approaches the freighter Razoni with the first grain shipment from Ukraine on board since the Russian invasion.

Photo: Getty Images/Chris McGrath

The Joint Coordination Center explained that it wanted to try an operation with multiple boats using a safe corridor to cross the Black Sea, to avoid potential mines laid by kyiv to protect its coasts.

Read:  COVID-19: what if we could offer an air purifier for $100 per class? | Coronavirus

Established in Istanbul, this centre, which brings together experts delegated by the four signatories, supervises the export of Ukrainian cereals and ensures the strict application of the July 22 agreement.

A firefighter at work to put out a fire.

A firefighter tries to put out the fire in a hospital building hit by Russian missile fire in Mykolaiv.

Photo: Reuters

Curfew in Mykolaiv

The governor of Mykolaiv, a region in southern Ukraine, on Friday announced a curfew in the regional capital until Monday morning to neutralize the collaborators of the Russians.

Recently, a $100 bounty had already been offered for any information leading to the identification of informants who reveal to the occupants the places of deployment of the Ukrainian troops or who help them establish the coordinates of potential bombing targets.

Mykolaiv has experienced heavy shelling recently, probably the strongest since the start of the Russian invasion on February 24, according to the city’s mayor. It was during one of these bombings that Oleksiï Vadatoursky, 74, owner of the main Ukrainian cereal logistics company, and his wife, were killed last week.

Previous articleClearing up on the inflation front in the United States
Next articleDonald Trump refuses to answer questions from the New York Attorney General