Home WORLD EUROPA Ukraine: Russia accused of firing missiles from a nuclear power plant |...

Ukraine: Russia accused of firing missiles from a nuclear power plant | War in Ukraine

54
0

Russian occupiers have installed missile firing systems on the territory of the Zaporizhia nuclear power plantsaid Petro Kotin, president of Energoatom, on Telegram, after a television interview on the Ukrainian channel United News.

The situation [à la centrale] is extremely tense and the tension is increasing day by day. The occupiers bring their machinery there, including missile systems with which they have already struck on the other side of the Dnieper and in the Nikopol Territory80 kilometers southwest of Zaporizhia, he said.

Up to 500 Russian soldiers are still at the plant site and they controlaccording to him.

Ukraine’s largest power plant fell to Russian forces in early March, shortly after the February 24 invasion of Ukraine.

The governor of the Dnipro region, Valentyn Reznichenko, on Saturday denounced a deluge of fire in the morning in the territory of Nikopol, with shooting Grad missiles on residential neighborhoods. Twelve buildings, a school and a university were damaged.

In Nikopol, rescuers found two people dead in the ruinshe announced.

On Friday evening, the Ukrainian Air Force said Russian Kh-101 missiles were fired around 10 p.m. from the Caspian Sea at Dnipro, four of which were destroyed.

Several bombed areas

The southern region command center said at dawn on Saturday that the situation was tense, but under control.

The enemy continues to carry out offensives on formerly occupied territories, but, lacking success on the ground, it intensifies missile and air strikeshe related on Facebook, citing Russian actions in the Kherson and Odessa regions in particular.

Further north, near Kharkiv, the country’s second city, the city of Chuguiv was hit Friday evening by Russian missiles which killed three people, announced Oleg Sinegoubov, the governor of the region.

It isyears, and a woman of 70years old”,”text”:”two men aged 60 and 68, and a woman aged 70″}}”>two men aged 60 and 68, and a woman aged 70he specified.

Read:  Quebec first at the ICM to cleanse the calcium that blocks the arteries

The Ukrainian military command for the Sumy region, some 200 km northwest of there, had reported mortar fire and shelling throughout the day in the evening, which left a total of one dead and seven injured. .

A woman walks down a street strewn with debris.

A woman walks among debris on a street in the town of Bakhmut, Donetsk region, Ukraine, July 16, 2022.

Photo: AFP / ANATOLII STEPANOV

Friday evening, Kramatorsk, the main city of the Donbass basin still under Ukrainian control, in the Donetsk region, also suffered several bombardments.

A strike on its central square, named Place de la Paix, left a two-meter crater and shattered the windows of surrounding buildings, but did not cause any casualties because it occurred after curfew, an official says of the anti-aircraft defense of the 81e Ukrainian brigade, on condition of anonymity.

Previously, at least three strikes had hit south of Kramatorsk, towards the airport, where AFP reporters saw a large plume of smoke. From a height, they saw another above Sloviansk, a nearby town also coveted by the Russians.

The Russian Defense Ministry has accused Ukrainian forces of shelling Sloviansk by making it look like Russian strikes in order to instill anti-Russian feelings among the civilian population.

Shock

But Ukraine and the international community remain reeling from the cruise missile strikes that devastated the center of Vinnytsia, hundreds of kilometers to the west, on Thursday.

The death toll from the attack was 24 on Saturday.%”,”text”:”Sadly a woman died in hospital today, she was 85% burned”}}”>Sadly a woman died in hospital today, she was 85% burnedannounced the governor of the Vinnytsia region, Serguiï Borzov, specifying that 68 people, including 4 children, continued to receive care.

Identification of all culprits of this attack has already startedUkrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky warned Friday evening.

Russian society, with so many murderers and executioners, will remain annihilated for generations, and this by its own fault.he launched.

Faced with international condemnations, the Russian Ministry of Defense claimed to have targeted a meeting of the Command of the Ukrainian Air Force with representatives of foreign arms suppliers.

Read:  Putin warns countries tempted to impose a no-fly zone in Ukraine

A senior US defense official, however, observed, on condition of anonymity, that he had no indication of the presence of a nearby military target.

Russia has never recognized any blunders or crimes by its armed forces in Ukraine and systematically ensures that it only hits military targets.

Our file War in Ukraine

Further conquest of Siversk

In Donbass, separatist forces said they were continuing to advance and were in the process of taking complete control of the town of Siversk, which came under attack after taking Lysychansk further east earlier this month.

Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov told a press briefing that theemechanized brigade of the Ukrainian army, which operated in Siversk, was destroyed”,”text”:”115 mechanized brigade of the Ukrainian army, which operated in Siversk, was destroyed”}}”>115e mechanized brigade of the Ukrainian army, which operated in Siversk, was destroyed.

According to the UK Ministry of Defence, Russian forces slowly advance west after shelling and assaults towards Siversk from Lysychansk, to open a way to Sloviansk and Kramatorsk.

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu visited soldiers involved in the offensive in Ukraine, the ministry announced on Saturday, without specifying the date of this visit, the second after a first in June, or whether it had taken place in Ukraine or Russia.

He has given the necessary instructions to further increase the measures in order to rule out the possibility of the kyiv regime launching massive strikes […] on civil infrastructure and housing in the Donbass and other regionsthe ministry added.

As the repercussions of this war raise serious concerns about food security in part of the planet, US President Joe Biden on Saturday announced $1 billion in aid for the Middle East and South Africa. North.

Previous articleWebb may have spotted the most distant galaxy ever observed
Next articleUnited States President Joe Biden contracts COVID-19 | Coronavirus